Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gear that I love!

To be successful, you have to have the proper tools/gear.  Here are some of my favourite things that I use daily/weekly.


Running Skirts
www.runningskirts.com


Urban Pink, Mountain Stars, Honeycomb, Cerise, to name a few of the many many patterns runningskirts offer.  Their super light sweat-wicking fabric, with reverse seams and velcro side pockets are beautiful, and practical.  I have been training and racing in running skirts for ~6-7 years now and I can't imagine my life without them.  They are that comfortable!!




UD's Jenny Vest-   Voted TrailRunner's Gear of the Year in 2014
http://www.ultimatedirection.com/p-612-ultra-vesta.aspx

This women specific vest is ergonomically shaped to fit perfectly!  This vest, like all of UD's products, have many great features.  Here are some of my favourite:

  • Bottle pockets fold flat when not in use or accommodates a camera or phone
  • Large storage pockets are located below the bottles for phone, gels, ect.
  • Two sternum straps slide for custom fit
  • Cool Wick Air Mesh wicks away moisture and is soft to the touch, and is lightweight.
  • Side adjustment straps allow for customized fit
  • Easily accommodates a 2 liter reservoir or any bottle
  • Trekking pole loops (2)
  • Reflective accents for easy visibility
Specs:

  • Volume Capacity: 245 in/ 4L
  • Fluid Capacity: 2 x 10 oz. bottles / 2 x 295 mL (plus optional reservoir)
  • Weight: 9 oz. (11 oz. with bottles) / 255 g (312 g with bottles)


(It was so bright out, I could hardly keep my eyes open for the photo ;) )


Icespike 


No straps, coils or chains! Lightweight! Great on Multiple Terrain and Durable!   These icespikes has given me confidence to train safe in optimal conditions without sacrificing my gait, and pace.   Want to try them out, give me a shout...I'll hook you up.  Don't live in my area, Icespikes offer discount codes often...such as the 'sweetheart deal' below.   

Check out their facebook page for 'Tip of the Month'.    www.facebook.com/icespike





Petzl Nao

With the long winters in Canada, and the long races that I run...a good quality light is essential.  The Nao is everything I want, need and much more!!  My favourite thing is the 'reactive lighting'.  The brightness adapts instantly to my lighting needs.  How cool is that?

The Nao is the brightness light I've ever ran with.  With the max brightness at 575 lumens, I'm sure to see everything on the trail.

Here are other wonderful things on this light:

-Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, with USB connector.
-if can be changed, if necessary, with two AAA batteries. 
-performs great at low temperatures. 
-it's very comfortable
-weather resistant


Specs:
  • Weight: 187 Gram
  • Technology: REACTIVE LIGHTING or CONSTANT LIGHTING
  • Beam pattern: wide, mixed
  • Energy: Lithium-Ion 2600 mAh rechargeable battery (included) or 2 AAA/LR03 batteries (not included)
  • Recharge time: 5 Hour



No comments:

Proud athlete of:

Proud Ambassador of:

Proud Athlete of Icespike

Proud Athlete of Icespike
Order Now!