Thursday, April 30, 2015





Last night, I was honoured to be part of the OCAA (Ontario College Athletic Association) Hall of Fame Ceremony.  We all gathered in Oakville, ON.  Athletes, Coaches and Builders were recognized for their hard work and contributions to their respected sport.  Inductions occur every 2 years.  





Induction Information



"Inductees (athletes) are chosen on the basis of their athletic skills and abilities, fair play, leadership, individual statistics, and team accomplishments both while in the OCAA and/or at a higher level after their college career. All persons elected have graduated from their respective institutions."

It was a special night for me.  College was over 10 years ago, so I was excited to old friends.

Chantal Demers is my maiden name.  

The MC stated that only 2% of all College Varsity Athletes will ever be inducted into the Hall of Fame!  I am so honoured to have been inducted!  I'm quite speechless about the whole thing.  Cambrian College was were I really started to run competitively.  




I was a basketball player before that.  I actually played College basketball as well, for Seneca College. (#5, All-Star).  I even got to hang out with my Seneca College basketball coaches last night!  They are such cool guys!!  It was so good to see them! 


Here are my 3 OCAA Cross-Country Championship Banners that are hung up in the Cambrian College Gymnasium.  :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Congratulations, Chantal. That is awesome!

Proud athlete of:

Proud Ambassador of:

Proud Athlete of Icespike

Proud Athlete of Icespike
Order Now!